Warren man sentenced in July arson attempt
WARREN — A city man was sentenced earlier this week to consecutive prison terms totaling six years after he had pleaded guilty to three counts of third-degree attempted aggravated arson.
Andrew Jordan, 34, of Malibu Drive SW, was sentenced by Trumbull County Common Pleas Judge Sarah T. Kovoor.
The case, investigated by the Ohio State Fire Marshal’s office, involved the July 13 arson at a Porter Street home in Warren. Three people were home at the time of the fire but managed to escape with minor injuries, according to a police report.
A doorbell surveillance video showed a man, identified as Jordan, setting fire to the porch.
During his sentencing hearing, Kovoor noted that the defendant had three previous prison sentences for violent offenses and was not amenable for probation. She said the defendant’s conduct and the nature of the offenses necessitated the consecutive sentences, according to the Trumbull County Prosecutor’s Office.
Jordan also will have to register for the rest of his life as an arson offender.
One of the victims spoke to the judge prior to sentencing, stating that the fire has left psychological scars, saying the smell of cigarette smoke has a “triggering effect on me.” The victim also said some of the items in the home were irreplaceable, including the World War II uniform of her grandfather.


