Trumbull Regional has made improvements
As we quickly approach 2020, I would like to thank the community and our partners for trusting in Trumbull Regional Medical Center as your health care provider. You all have contributed to making 2019 a successful year, and for that, I thank you.
It is our privilege to provide care in the Mahoning Valley, and we work diligently toward our mission of enhancing the health status of the communities we serve. We focused on making improvements throughout 2019 with our patients in mind, including:
• Adding 15 highly skilled primary care physicians and specialists to Steward Medical Group and Steward Health Care Network, including cardiothoracic surgeons Brian Priest, MD, and Randy Metcalf, MD, both Cleveland Clinic-trained — proving you don’t have to travel far for nationally recognized heart care.
• Started the lung cancer screening program in June, and to date have completed over 100 screenings.
• Opened the Family Medicine Center in September to address the need of primary care in Trumbull County.
• Expanded our behavioral health program.
• Western Reserve Health Education (WRHE) joined the Trumbull Regional family, adding 70 residents who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and general surgery and two fellows specializing in rhinology to our team.
• Welcomed new members to our medical staff and administrative leadership teams who will continue to drive growth in 2020.
In addition, our inpatient diabetes program is the only one in the Mahoning Valley to earn advanced certification by The Joint Commission. The Wound Healing Center was also re-named a Center of Distinction and Center of Excellence by Healogics, Inc., the only facility in the area to achieve this. Our cardiac program is nationally recognized for its standard of care, and we continue to be the Mahoning Valley’s only accredited Chest Pain Center. Our Center for Joint Replacement was also the first in Ohio to earn Advanced Certification by The Joint Commission for hip and knee replacement.
Trumbull Regional is dedicated to improving the communities we serve, and we invest over $1.5 million in local taxes each year — tax dollars that help fund critical services like police, fire, public teachers and schools, maintaining parks and streets and other important civic projects.
Looking to 2020 and beyond, we will continue to focus on growth and partnerships to meet the needs of our patients. Trumbull Regional has been a pillar in the Mahoning Valley for more than 112 years. We are proud of our legacy of providing high-quality and compassionate care and look forward to continuing to be the health care provider of choice for the next 112 years.
I wish all of you and your loved ones a safe, healthy and happy holiday season!
President, Trumbull Regional Medical Center