Comparing presidents Obama and Trump
Here is a reminder of some of the scandals and illegal activity that happened under Obama (especially since we have a president currently being impeached for nothing that even compares to the below list of Obama scandals:
1. In the GM bailout, Obama improperly ordered the bankruptcy court to ignore shareholders and nonunion members in order to restore union members. Shareholders lost 100 percent of their investments.
2. In Operation Fast and Furious, the Obama ATF allowed straw buyers to arm the Mexican drug cartels. Hundreds of Mexican police and citizens were murdered as a result.
3. Instead of deporting illegals, the Obama U.S. Customs and Border Protection took them to bus stations in McAllen, Texas, bought them tickets, gave them payment vouchers, and turned them loose.
4. The Obama Department of Justice used Operation Choke Point to improperly pressure banks to not do business with gun dealers
5. In order to implement gun-control measures, Obama improperly bypassed Congress using executive orders. Trump rescinded the executive orders, thus reducing the power of the executive branch and returning to Congress, where it belongs.
6. Obama improperly implemented the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), which is not any form of government rule.
7. Obama improperly ordered the Labor Department to delay caps on out-of-pocket expenditures under “Obamacare.” The law was changed without legislation.
8. Obama improperly delayed the employer mandate of “Obamacare,” again, without legislation.
9. Obama improperly ordered Office of Personnel Management to exempt Congress and its staff from the requirement that they get their coverage through “Obamacare” exchanges.
10. Obama improperly delayed the requirement that the public buy “Obamacare”-compliant plans, and then he rejected House legislation that would have made his actions legal.
11. Obama improperly ordered the IRS to ignore the requirement that tax credits be offered only for use of state exchanges. Instead, the IRS was ordered to offer tax credits for state, regional, subsidiary and federal exchanges.
12. The Supreme Court ruled against Obama administration more than any administration in history. Each time, the government argued federal power has no limitations.
13. Obama improperly made recess appointments when Congress was still in session.
14. Obama’s Justice Department improperly obtained recorded conversations from Associated Press employees.
15. Obama fired Gerald Walpin, Inspector General of the Corporation for National and Community Service, after Walpin reported that Obama’s friend Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson used AmeriCorps funding to pay for political activities.
16. Obama improperly appointed “czars,” bypassing the requirement that Congress-approved appointees.
17. Obama improperly demanded payment for Freedom of Information Act requests.
I could go on.