Happy birthday, Mr. President
WILLIAM McKINLEY 178TH: President William McKinley’s 178th birthday celebration will be 2 p.m. Friday for a virtual birthday party celebration. The public can take part by signing onto McKinley’s birthday party and also learn fun facts throughout the day. Visit the library’s YouTube Channel at 2 p.m. to watch a short video about how much things have changed since McKinley was born in 1843.
TCAP RELIEF GRANT: The Trumbull Community Action Program’s home relief grant offering mortgage and rent assistance, and help with water and /or other utility bills, is available. Assistance may be applied to outstanding rent, mortgage, water and sewer bills back to April 1, 2020. The Community Action agencies will make direct payments on behalf of the applicant to the landlord, bank, or water and / or sewer company. A household can receive assistance in more than one category. For information, visit www.BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov or www.tcaphelps.org.
GUEST SPEAKER: One Nation Kingdom Ministries will have guest speaker, Evangelist Michael Vance, at 10 a.m. today at the FOCUS Building, 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
LIBERTY GETS GRANT: Liberty local schools will soon be able to purchase additional tablets for the district thanks to a grant from the GPD Employees Foundation, which will enrich the K-12 public education experience and support at risk-children and those with medical and special needs. The technology is designed to enhance students’ educational experiences. The district applied for the grant in December and was awarded $7,000 to enhance technology offerings across the district. Plans are to purchase Chromebooks, iPads and a Chromebook cart.
UKULELE CLASSES: SCOPE Senior Services in Niles will offer ukulele classes at Niles Senior Center Ukulele classes will be offered 8 to 10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Niles SCOPE. 14 E. State St. Reservations are requested at 330-544-2888. Wearing a mask and social distancing are required. Cost is $1 donation per class.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Sue, 330-240-4793.