SEEING EYE: COVID-19 concern brings cancellation of USA dance
DANCE CANCELED: USA Dance Club Youngstown-Warren Chapter 2015 has canceled its Sunday dance due to concerns about the potential spread of COVID-19.
The next dance will be 5 p.m. May 17 and will feature night club two-step lessons sponsored by Sue Shardy, Happy Feet Productions, at the Orthodox Center, 1025 N. Belle Vista Ave, Youngstown.
USA DANCE Youngstown-Warren Chapter 2015 is a nonprofit corporation. For information on ballroom dancing, visit www.usadance2015.com; usabda215.tripod.com/; or USA-Dance-Chapter-2015-Youngstown-Warren-OH on Facebook.
PI DAY EVENT: OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology, 11 W. Federal St., Youngstown, will hold Pi Day Saturday for all ages.
OH! WOW pals will celebrate Einstein’s birthday and the peculiar number pi. There will be contests and hands-on activities.
Attendees can receive reduced admission if they bring a pre-baked pie to donate. Call 330-744-5914 for more information.
SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET: The Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Support Group will meet 2 p.m. Monday — not Sunday as previously announced — at the First Presbyterian Church in Warren.
SCOUTS HONORED: McDonald Girl Scout Troop 344 members were honored with a Prestigious Service Award for their varied community service helping in McDonald and area organizations.
The scouts received letters of recognition presented by President Donald Trump and state officials and gold level pins. The scouts have helped many organizations.
This is the 11th time the scouts have earned the gold level award for community service. The troop has put in more than 1,000 hours to earn the gold level.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.