Program details importance of count
CENSUS INFORMATION: The League of Women Voters of Trumbull County will host Pia Brady, Northeast District chairwoman for the census, 6 p.m. Monday at the Cortland Library. Brady will explain why it is important to count every person in Ohio. She will speak on why it is necessary, that it is safe and cannot be shared and how easy it will be to complete this year’s form. Reservations are not required.
FARM BUREAU: The Trumbull County Farm Bureau is offering scholarship opportunities for high school seniors planning post high school education as full-time students at a two- or four- year college, university or college. Applications must be received by March 27. Forms are available at www.trumbullfb.org or calling 440-426-2195.
WOMENS HISTORY: Women’s History Month is March. The annual Women’s History Month luncheon will be March 21 at DiVieste’s Banquet Center in Warren where many local women’s organizations will be presented. Tickets will be on sale call 330-539-0154. There will be 50-50 raffle and basket raffle.
ST. STEPHEN CELEBRATION: St. Stephen Church in Niles will celebrates its annual Luck of the Irish reverse raffle and fundraiser 5:30 p.m. March 14 at Ciminero’s Banquet Centre in Niles. There will be a dinner, open bar, raffles and games. For tickets, call 330-652-4396.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.