CELEBRATE: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will celebrate the 177th birthday of William McKinley 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the McKinley Birthplace Home. The public can share birthday cake and beverages to celebrate the birthday of the nation’s 25th president. At 2 p.m., President McKinley, as portrayed by Mike Wilson, will discuss his relationship with his mother and will read some of the letters he wrote to her. Questions and answers will follow.
FOOD COLLECTION: The Office of Accounting and Technology Adult Education Program at Trumbull Career and Technical Center is sponsoring a “Restock the Shelves” food drive in support of the Mahoning Valley Second Harvest Food Bank. Donations of nonperishable food items can be dropped off at TCTC through Jan. 30. Items most requested include peanut butter, cereal, canned fruits and vegetables, tuna fish, dry pasta, canned soup, and macaroni and cheese. Items must not be beyond the expiration date. Items can be dropped off at TCTC Adult Education front lobby area, 528 Educational Highway. Call 330-847-0503, Ext. 1610.
TCAP WINTER PROGRAM: The Trumbull Community Action Program, 1230 Palmyra Road, Warren, has utility bill assistance under the winter crisis program available through March 31. The program helps income eligible households avoid utility disconnection, restore disconnected service, establish new service, or purchase fuel oil, propane, coal and wood. Walk-ins are welcome Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings only. TCAP will see 25 people on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open at 7 a.m. and appointments will be in the afternoon. Monday and Friday are appointments only. To schedule an appointment, call 1-886-747-1041 or online at capappointments .com. Callers must wait to secure a confirmation number to secure the appointment. Applicants also can apply at sites that include Niles Community Center and Tod’s Crossing in Warren on Tuesdays, Newton Falls Methodist Church and Buckeye Apartments on Wednesdays, and Hubbard municipal building on Thursdays.
BOARD NAMED: The Vienna Historical Society met recently for the board of directors meeting. Christine Novicky, Michele Garman and Pamela Clower were elected as board of directors.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
• Peer to Peer Domestic Abuse Support Group 6 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Warren. Church office, 330-856-3463.