Help needed for YWCA gathering
PERFORMERS SOUGHT FOR EVENT: YWCA Mahoning Valley is seeking performers for the fourth annual International Women’s Day celebration planned for March 12 at YWCA, 25 W. Rayen Ave., Youngstown. International Women’s Day showcases the dancing, music, dress and food of cultures represented in the Mahoning Valley. The event seeks to draw attention to issues that impact women and renew the push for parity in all facets of life, from the workplace to the home. Included in the event is a dinner featuring ethnic cuisine, traditional ethnic dress and music from around the world. YWCA is seeking individual or team entries interested in presenting ethnic or cultural performances in the areas of singing, dancing or a combination of both. Performances should range from five to seven minutes. The cost to attend is $20. Students can attend for $10. Ticket cost includes dinner. Tickets will be available in person at YWCA’s Youngstown office or online at ywcamahoningval ley.org beginning Wednesday. The event is sponsored by the International Institute Fund, a component fund of Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley, and by the Nancy K. Morris Endowment Fund. For information visit www.ywcamahoningvalley.org and www.ywca.org.
FOOD GIVEAWAY: Grace AME Church, 1137 Main Ave. SW, Warren, will host its monthly food distribution at 10 a.m. Friday. Bring identification when picking up food.
ISRAEL POLITICAL TURMOIL: Israel’s political turmoil will be discussed at a program noon to 1 p.m. Friday at the Adult Lounge, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown. JCC program director and Israeli native Gon Erez will explain the Israeli political system, its history and the current state that led the country to hold three consecutive elections in less than a year. The event is free to the public. A light lunch will be served. For information visit www.jccyoungs town.org.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.