Agency issues call for area volunteers
RED CROSS OPEN HOUSE: The American Red Cross will present a disaster volunteer open house 4 p.m. Thursday at the chapter office, 3530 Belmont Ave., Suite 7, Liberty. The Red Cross is looking for the next wave of heroes who want to make a difference in the community.
There is an urgent need for disaster action team volunteers to help local victims of home fires and flooding. Disaster volunteers receive free training and are expected to commit to at least four hours each month, according to the Red Cross.
There is no obligation to learn more about becoming a volunteer. Areas in urgent need include Columbiana, Mahoning and Trumbull counties. For information or directions, call or email Maggie Lenhart at 330-392-2551 or marga firstname.lastname@example.org
DEMOCRATS TO MEET: Local Trumbull County Democratic Executive and Central Committee members will meet to endorse candidates for countywide elected offices. The committee will meet 5 p.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren.
Members will hear from candidates who will appear on the Democratic Party ballot in the March 17 Ohio primary election. Candidates in contested races will have an opportunity to address the central and executive committee before the endorsement balloting begins.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
•Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
•Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.