Seen Sasquatch? Come to this talk
BIGFOOT IN OHIO: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will host “Bigfoot in Ohio and Beyond” 6 p.m. Thursday, presented by Amy Bue in the library auditorium.
Bue was the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization Researcher of the Year of 2018. She has investigated bigfoot sightings in Trumbull, Mahoning, Portage and Columbiana counties, the Alleghenies of Pennsylvania and in Oregon, Washington, New York, Kentucky and West Virginia.
RSVP by calling 330-652-1704, Ext. 3.
WALK WITH EASE: The Girard Multigenerational Center will present a Walk with Ease program 10 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Oct. 28 to Dec. 11. No classes are scheduled on Nov. 20 and 29.
The Arthritis Foundation Walk with Ease is structured three times per week. There is also health information, stretching and strengthening exercises and motivational tops.
Call 330-545-6596 for more information.
MENSA TESTING: October is National Mensa Testing Month, so tests will be given for half price at $30. The October testing is 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Howland Public Library, 9095 E. Market St., Howland.
Information about this can be found at www.us.mensa.org. Also covered on the web page is the procedure to submit your own evidence of intelligence testing. Children younger than 14 will use this method.
Preregistration for tests is appreciated. Call Marilyn Carpenter at 330-538-3263 or email mscarpenter330@ yahoo.com. The testing done by Mensa proctors does not give you an IQ figure but rather tells if you have scored in the top 2 percentile, which is the requirement for membership in Mensa. Children younger than 14 cannot be tested; those ages 14 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent.
Passing the test is not a commitment to join Mensa.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Niles McKinley High School Class of 1960, 9:30 a.m. at Scenna’s Restaurant. Classmates and spouses are welcome.