Greek festival starts Wednesday
EVENT AT ST. DEMETRIOS: The 52nd annual Warren Greek Festival will be Wednesday to Sunday at the grounds of the St. Demetrios Center, 3223 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. The event will include Greek food, dancing, carnival rides and other festivities. Admission is free.
Hours are 4 to 10 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 4 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 1 to 9 p.m. Sunday, with fireworks Saturday night.
FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY: Shepherd of the Valley is hosting a food truck festival 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at Eastwood Field in Niles. The event will host more than a dozen food trucks from all over Ohio and Pennsylvania.
All proceeds will benefit Shepherd’s Foundation to support activities and benevolent care for residents.
For information, call Danielle at 330-774-3522 or email at dprocopio@shepherdofthe valley.com.
SPACECRAFTS: Howland Library Branch will hold a spacecrafts program 6 p.m. today for children ages to 12. There will be crafting, including galaxy slime and other space-themed art projects. Registration is required.
READING FINALE: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will hold the summer reading program finale 2 p.m. Saturday on the library grounds. “A Universe of Stories” will end in a party with music, food and face painting.
SAFE SITTER CLASS: Safe Sitter classes are offered this summer through Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley. Scholarships are also available for children from families who cannot pay.
Safe Sitter courses equip girls and boys entering sixth grade or higher with the information and skills sitters should have: basic first aid, rescue breathing, accident prevention, childcare tips, what to do if a child chokes, and how and when to call for help.
The three classes remaining are July 30 at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, and Tuesday and Aug. 6 at St. Joseph Warren Hospital. The class runs 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $30 per student. Registration is required by calling 330-480-3070.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1115, 7 p.m. at the Disabled American Veterans building, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-369-3388.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Circle of Hope mental health support group — 6:30 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren. For information, call 330-502-8103.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 6 p.m., Boardman Park, Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman. Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, 330-759-9487.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.