UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information for 2020, resubmit your health notes by email to tmunnell@tribtoday .com
PFLAG TO MEET: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown. Youngstown Area PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends and Allies) is a support, education and advocacy group United with LGBT People to move equality forward.
PFLAG provides the opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity and strives to create a society respectful of human diversity. Meetings are free and confidential. Directions and a map can be found at the chapter website, www.youngstownpflag .org.
FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT: The Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Support Group will meet 2 p.m. Feb. 17 at the First Presbyterian Church in Warren.
TCMHRB SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board meeting schedule in February is:
• Suicide Prevention Coalition — 3 p.m. today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A
• Budget and Finance Committee — 4:30 p.m. today, Board Conference Room
• Presidents’ Day — Feb. 17, office closed
• ASAP Coalition — 9:30 a.m. Feb. 18, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
• Board of Directors meeting — 4:30 p.m. Feb. 18, TMHA First Floor Conference Room B.
• FCFC Council Meeting — 8:30 a.m. Feb. 20, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
• Voices of Youth Committee — 1 p.m. Feb. 20, Board Conference Room.
• Recovery Housing Meeting — 2 p.m. Feb. 25, TMHA First Floor Conference Room B.
• FCFC Executive Committee — 8:30 a.m. Feb. 27, Board of DD, 45 North Road, Niles.
EXPRESSIVE ARTS SUPPORT: Support through Expressive Arts meets 6 to 8 p.m. will meet Feb. 18, at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 1350 E. Market St., Warren.
SEA is a support group for persons with mental illness which focuses on self-expression through art. Each month, participants create projects designed to help promote self-exploration and mental health stability.
Support and funding for this project is provided by Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, the Mahoning County Mental Health and Recovery Board and the HELMS Foundation of the Mahoning Valley. The free class is open to anyone dealing with mental illness.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 330-770-9214. For more information, about NAMI, visit www.namimv.org.
SILVERSNEAKERS CLASSES: Global Fitness, Om Yoga Studio and Eschman Physical Therapy are offering free fitness classes for SilverSneakers members.
• Better Balance and Arthritis Exercise Class, noon to 12:30 p.m. Mondays at Global Fitness, 3806 Elm Road NE, Warren;
• Chair yoga classes, 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Om Yoga Studio, 15 N. Main St., Hubbard;
• Better Balance and Arthritis Exercise Class, noon to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Eschman Physical Therapy, 2581 North Road NE, Warren;
• Tai chi, 12:15 to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Om Yoga Studio;
• Better Balance and Arthritis Exercise Class, 11 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays, Niles SCOPE, 14 E. State St., Niles.
GRIEF SHARE: North-Mar Church in Warren is hosting a Grief Share program 6 p.m. every Sunday. Call 330-856-3496 to register.
DOWN SYNDROME BANNERS: The Down Syndrome Association of the Valley is supplying free inclusion banners to area schools or businesses. The vinyl signs allow students, faculty and staff to sign them and display their support for all persons of all abilities.
The banners are timed to acknowledge World Down Syndrome Day on March 21. Email email@example.com to request a free banner.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesdays of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Howland;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesdays, Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F, 1350 E. Market St., Warren.
For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
SUPPORT GROUP: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, will meet 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave., Warren.
For more information, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. today at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and are open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
The groups will meet each Tuesday throughout the winter, and are not limited to those families served by the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral home.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
GRIEF SHARE: Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Youngstown, (Liberty Twp.) is again offering “Grief Share” to all who have suffered a loss in their lives. Meetings are 6 p.m. every Thursday through April 19, in the church parlor on the second floor of the church’s educational building.
Grief Share is a 13 week program, it offers videos that pertain to: “Is This Normal?” “The Challenges of Grief,” Grief and Your Relationships,” “Why?” and “Guilt and Anger,” just to mention a few. There is discussion following each video. There is a $20 fee for the workbook which you will use in conjunction with the weekly videos.
Contact Janice Ferry at 330-759-1924 with questions or if you would like more information. You can also go to GriefShare.org for more information or to register.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support group for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical — is 6 to 7 p.m. the third Sunday of the month at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Howland.
For more information, contact the church office at 330-856-3463.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
LUPUS SUPPORT: Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. Meetings are free.
For more information, call Rhonda at 330-978-3749.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: Warren City Health District, 258 E. market St. Suite 327, Warren, is offering regular childhood immunization clinics through March.
• 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 24;
• 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. March 9 and 23.
All clinics are walk-in; no appointment is necessary. The child should be well, free of fever, rash or illness. there is a $10 fee so bring insurance cards. For more information, call 330-841-2596.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once per month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family support groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Strong People: Strong Hearts-Strong Bones — Join by appointment only. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, & Renew Activesite. A 12 week grant funded program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low bone density. Call for information.
• MONTHLY EXERCISE CLASSES — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers cardio class; SilverSneakers Classic Tuesday and Thursday; easy yoga class; chair yoga; Parkinson’s and movement disorder exercise class; Zumba classes weekly; “Step and Tone with Terri Dean”; balance exercise class; drums and muscles class; “Tai Chi Chih for Balance, Vitality, Harmony.” All classes are open to everyone. Call for dates and times, more information and registration.
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography — The bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall from 8:30 a.m. to noon today. Screening is covered by most health plans. Call to schedule appointment.
• Free bone density screening — 9 a.m. to noon. today.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare — 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
• Movies and Popcorn — 12:45 p.m. Thursday. Join us for a fun, Hallmark Valentines movie and plenty of popcorn. Call to reserve a seat.
• Free blood sugar screenings(8 hour fast) — 8;30 to 11 a.m. Feb. 17. Walk in.
• Talk With a Doc Program — 12:15 to 1:15 Feb. 19. Dr. Laura Miller, FP speaking on Thyroid Problems: Causes & Treatments. Call to register. Lunch available for fee.
STEPPING OUT: The schedule for the Mercy Health Foundation’s Stepping Out Program, is available by contacting Doris Bullock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation
For information or scheduling with a nutritional educator or personal trainer, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or 330-480-8659, or email email@example.com.