CHRONIC FATIGUE: Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Support Group meeting will be 6:30 p.m. Monday at the First Presbyterian Church, Warren.
For information, call Judy at 330-872-7206.
CONFERENCE ON HEALTH: Ohio Living Home Heath and Hospice and Northeast Ohio Medical University are providing a free two-day hospice conference Oct. 23 and 24 at the Kent State University at Trumbull, 4314 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Sessions will take place in the Technology Building, Room 117. Hospice: The Road Less Traveled is presented for physicians, nurses, social workers and others in the health care field. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.
Visit www.ohioliving.org/trumbullcon2019 for the full conference schedule and CEU details.
GRIEF SHARE: Lessons of Grief Part 2 is the topic of the GriefShare meeting 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Life Church Reach Center, 201 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg.
For information, call 330-898-1131. Register online go to www.griefshare.org.
LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP: The Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group will meet 6 p.m. today at Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. The meeting is free. Family and friends are welcome.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat. org/blog/intervention-101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free, open to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesday of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesday, Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F, 1350 E. Market St.
Groups meet monthly. For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
SOMEPLACE SAFE PROGRAM: Someplace Safe Inc. Support Group, open to all survivors of domestic / intimate partner violence, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every other week through Nov. 13. A complete schedule of dates and meeting places will be posted on the Facebook page or contact Susan at 330-393-3005. Light refreshments will be provided. For child care, ages 5 to 14, call Alyssa Norman at the above number.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: The monthly calendar for the Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, includes:
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 3 p.m. today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. Wednesday, NAMI Mahoning Valley office, 201 Wick Ave., Youngstown;
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. Sept. 17, Conference Room A;
• Board of directors meeting, 4:30 p.m. Sept. 17, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steps Against Stigma Walk, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 21, Wick Park, Youngstown;
• FCFC executive meeting, 8:30 a.m. Sept. 26, Board Conference Room.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
PEER TO PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support group for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical — is held 6 to 7 p.m. the third Sunday of the month at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Warren.
For more information, contact the church office at 330-856-3463.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542. Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Sept. 9.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers Cardio; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga; and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s; Zumba; Zumba Gold; SilverSneaker Balance class; and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday;
• Mercy Health Dental Bus — 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Friday. Low Cost. Call for appointment;
• Free Bone Density screening — 9 a.m. to noon Friday;
• Free blood sugar screenings (8 hr. fast) — 8:30 to 11 a.m. Sept. 16;
• Medicare Basics with Kim Tomavich — 12:15 p.m. Sept. 17;
• Trumbull County Health and Wellness Fair — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 18, Eastwood Mall Center Court. Register for prizes, health screenings and health information.