ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free, open to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesdays of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE;
• North Jackson — 2 p.m. third Mondays, Antonine Sisters Adult Day Center, 2675 North Lipkey Road;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesdays, Trumbull Memorial Hospital, 1350 E. Market St. (Conference Room F);
Groups meet monthly. For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
SOMEPLACE SAFE PROGRAM: Someplace Safe Inc. Support Group, open to all survivors of domestic / intimate partner violence, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every other week beginning July 24 through Nov. 13, at the Howland Public Library Community Room, 9095 E. Market St., Warren, for the first meeting.
A complete schedule of dates and meeting places will be posted on the Facebook page or contact Susan at 330-393-3005. Light refreshments will be provided. For child care, ages 5 to 14, call Alyssa Norman at the above number.
LIFEGUARD LEARNING: Trumbull Family Fitness, 210 High St. NW, Warren, is offering both a Lifeguard Blended Learning Certification Course and a Lifeguard Recertification Course, which is for lifeguards who hold a current lifeguard certification.
The Lifeguard Certification Class will be 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday and July 31, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 8. Recertification will be 9 a.m. Aug. 8.
Cost is $250 for lifeguarding class and $200 for members of Trumbull Family Fitness. The recertification class is $125 and $100 for members. Classes will be taught by Terri Dean.
For more information, contact her at 330-531-1232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare session “The Journey of Grief, Part 2” will be presented 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Life Church Reach Center, 201 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg.
For more information and pre-registration, call Life Church of God, 330-898-1131. For more information about GriefShare or to register online, go to www. griefshare.org.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
WALK AND TALK: Members of the Kent State Trumbull Student Nurses Association recently launched Walk and Talk with a Nurse program at Niles Wellness Center. Students join members of the Wellness Center from 9 to 11 a.m. the second and fourth Monday of every month in a variety of physical activities. During activities, members are encouraged to talk and ask questions about health.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. July 15.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted and participants are asked to bring an insurance card.
For information, call 330-841-2596.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, monthly meeting calendar for July:
• TCMHRB 22nd annual golf outing, 9 a.m. Friday, Riverview Golf Course, Newton Falls.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542. Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Sept. 9.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers Cardio; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga; and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s; Zumba; Zumba Gold; SilverSneaker Balance class; and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Special Lab Express (only available this day) — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Walk in. Get a thyroid (TSH), prostate (PSA) at $10 each, or HgA1c (diabetes) for $15;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday;
• Free Peripheral Vascular Disease screening — 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. By appointment only.