PFLAG SUPPORT GROUP: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown. Youngstown Area PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends and Allies) is a support, education and advocacy group United with LGBT People to move equality forward. Meetings are free and confidential. Directions and a map can be found at the chapter website: www.youngstownpflag.org.
OSTOMY SUPPORT: The Youngstown area Ostomy Support Group will meet 6 to 7 p.m. today at Humility House, 755 Ohltown Road, Austintown. This is a nonprofit, self-help support group. Family and friends are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Anna Fitzgerald at 330-480-3440 or email Anna-Fitzgerald @mercy.com.
LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP: The Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. The event is free and open to family and friends.
Those with questions should call 330-978-3749.
FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT: Fibromyalgia and / or Chronic Fatigue Support Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Sept. 17 at the First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren. Call Judy at 330-872-7206 for more information.
GRIEFSHARE: The Journey of Grief-Part 2, will meet 5 p.m. Sunday at Life Church of God, Leavittsburg campus, 610 S. Leavitt Road.
For more information and pre-registration, call the church at 330-898-1131; for more information about GriefShare or to register online, go to www.griefshare.org.
• Grief Share sessions begin Sept. 22 and are 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays for 13 weeks, at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE. Each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged. Call 330-856-3463 for information.
• Grief Share will begin Sept. 13 for 13 weeks at 6 p.m. Thursdays at Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Liberty, in the parlor on the second floor of the educational building. There is discussion following each video. There is a $20 charge for the workbook. Contact Janice Ferry at 330-759-1924 for information.
• Grief 101 presented by Kimberly Calhoun from Hospice of the Valley will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Sept. 17 at the McKinley Birthplace Home in Niles. This one-hour presentation is free and registration is not required.
NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH WATCH: Mercy Health Neighborhood Health Watch is free cholesterol screening, glucose screening and blood pressure screening (fasting from midnight), at area SCOPE Centers, as follows: Howland SCOPE, 10 a.m. to noon today; Cortland SCOPE, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 25; Lordstown SCOPE, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sept. 26; Warren SCOPE, 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 20; and Niles SCOPE, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sept. 28.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 24. A special clinic day is set for 9 to 11 a.m. Sept. 19.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted and participants are asked to bring an insurance card. For information, call 330-841-2596.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities. Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/ hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-530-4041 or email email@example.com.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board September meeting schedule is:
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• Operation: EMPTY Medicine Cabinet, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Trumbull-Geauga Waste Mgt. 5138 Enterprise Drive, Warren;
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynda Briach at email@example.com.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Trumbull County Health and Wellness Expo, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Eastwood Mall in Center Court. There will be many other vendors.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Health and Wellness Expo, center court at the Eastwood Mall. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon Friday. Come in and have an ultrasound of the heel bone to screen for Osteoporosis.
• Free blood sugar screenings (eight-hour fast), 8:30 to 11 a.m. Sept. 17.
• Special program on oncology update – New Treatments Close to Home – 12:30 p.m. Sept. 18. Mark Murray, Regional Director of Oncology Services Mercy Health. Call to register. Lunch $2.
• Talk with a Doc program – Human Balance System with Dr. Stephen Adu-Yeboah, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Sept. 19. Call to register. Lunch available for fee.
• Free adult hearing screening, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sept. 20, by appointment only. Mercy Health Audiologist will perform this screening.