GROUP HYPNOSIS: A group Hypnosis session for weight loss and stop smoking will be 1 p.m. Saturday at the Yoga Center, 972 Youngstown Kingsville Road, Vienna. The session includes a free compact disc for use at home. Registration is required by calling Steve Tackett at 330-647-0399.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare Fall 2018 group will meet 5 p.m. Sunday at Life Church of God, Leavittsburg campus, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg.
For more information and pre-registration, call the church at 330-898-1131; for more information about GriefShare or to register online, go to www.griefshare.org.
RALLY FOR RECOVERY: The Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention’s (ASAP) sixth annual Rally for Recovery will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 8 at Eastwood Field in Niles.
A one-mile Recovery Walk is scheduled at 1 p.m. T-shirts will be given to everyone registered before Aug. 27 at www.eventbrite.com.
The event will feature music, educational materials, cornhole and other games, a selfie booth, auction, an addiction memorial and free lunch. Kids can play in the Fun Zone and meet Scrappy and Batman.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in ASAP or to request more information, call 330-675-2765, Ext. 119, or visit our website at www.trumbullmhrb.org.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 10 and 24. A special clinic day is set for 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, and from 9 to 11 a.m. Sept. 19.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted and participants are asked to bring an insurance card. For information, call 330-841-2596.
PROSTATE CANCER GROUP: A Prostate Cancer Group will meet 7 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Radiation Oncology Center at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 353 E. Market St., Warren. The group is open to anyone touched by prostate cancer either by diagnosis or by supporting a loved one with prostate cancer.
There is a core group of three to four survivors who regularly attend. Registered nurse Jack Norton is the facilitator for the group.
LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP: The Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group will meet from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 11 at Panera Bread, US Route 422 in Niles. The event is free and open to family and friends.
Those with questions should call 330-978-3749.
OSTOMY SUPPORT: The Youngstown area Ostomy Support Group will meet 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 11 at Humility House, 755 Ohltown Road, Austintown. This is a nonprofit, self-help support group. Family and friends are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Anna Fitzgerald at 330-480-3440 or email Anna–Fitzgerald@mercy.com.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities. Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or email@example.com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its Trumbull County locations. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking area from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday. Mercy Health Mobile Mammography offers women screening mammograms in 15 minutes. Financial assistance is available. Call 330-480-2654 to schedule a visit;
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. Call for appointment;
• Free carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneurysm screening for those at risk who meet criteria, 8:30 to 1 a.m. Sept. 5. Call for appointment.