On the record – McDonald
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Thursday
PRESENT: Thomas Hannon, Joseph Cappuzzello, Wendy Higgins, Jody Klase and John Saganich
• Recognized William Johnson for his service to the district as part-time treasurer in the past six years. He also served as district treasurer for a period in the 1980s. This was his last meeting as he retires Tuesday. The new treasurer, Megan Titus, begins Monday;
• Will have roof maintenance work done by Boak and Sons at the high school and press box at $4,000 and elementary school at $1,870. The work is done annually;
• Approved property lease agreement with 2M Services LLC, a landscaping company, at 600 McDonald Ave. where the school district keeps school buses and maintenance items in a garage. Superintendent Kevin O’Connell said the company is only staying for 30 more days at the site;
• Approved the purchase of technology equipment from Trinity 3 for the high school and elementary school at $41,848;
• Approved Jeff Loew as a bus driver at $17.27 per hour for 3.25 hours per day and Kimberly Read as a substitute bus driver at $16 per hour.