Program shows area barn quilts
HISTORICAL SOCIETY EVENT: The Cortland-Bazetta Historical Society will hold its first meeting and program of 2019 at 7 p.m. today at the Opera House. Harold and Betty Babb from Kinsman will talk and show their DVD about the Trumbull County Barn Quilt project. Barn quilts are large wooden plaques painted in various quilt patterns that are mounted on the sides of barns. Each quilt has a story. The total project includes several counties with plans to mount barn quilts from Lake Erie to the Ohio River. Parking is available between the Cortland United Methodist Church on North High Street and the Opera House, which faces Park Avenue.
LENTEN GATHERING: The Niles Kiwanis Club will hold a Lenten gathering 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Eastwood Mall, Niles. There will be special music by the Niles McKinley High School Belles and Beaux. There will be a breakfast buffet for $12.
MAMMOVAN: The Mammovan will be at the Farmington Senior Center, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, call Starr Spangler at 330-889-2733.
BAKE SALE: A bake sale benefit will be 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Bolindale Christian Church, 2749 Fairview Ave. SE, Warren. All proceeds go to the parents of Shyane Duley, who passed away last month, to help with funeral expenses. For donation of baked goods, contact Christine at 330-951-8580 or Cindy at 330-219-0404.
EASTER EVENT: Continuing Healthcare at the Ridge, 3379 Main St. Mineral Ridge, will hold an Easter egg extravaganza 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. There will be a basket raffle, face painting and other activities.
MUSIC AT LIBRARY: Guitarist Tyler Guerrieri will perform a variety of music from the 1950 and 1960s at the Cortland Library Branch 6:30 p.m. today.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.