Courthouse Square show set
ALL ABOUT ANIMALS ART: The Revival of My Brain Art will present the second annual All About Animals Art Show 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Courthouse Square, Warren. There will be multiple types of vendors, animal products, clothing, books, wreaths, oils and organizations, as well as face paintings and the ability for people to have their pets make their own artwork. For information, visit therevivalofmybrai.wixsite.com.
TOASTMASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP: A live stream of Toastmasters International’s World Championship of Public Speaking, hosted by Warren Toastmasters, will be 2 to 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Raymond John Wean Foundation, 147 Market St., Warren. Arrive by 1:30 p.m. and park in the parking deck behind the building. The event is free.
FREE FAMILY FUN DAY: Lena Mason Christian Memorial Foundation will hold its free Family Fun Day and bookbag giveaway 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Tod Park in Girard. Last year, the foundation was able to give away about 500 bookbags filled with school supplies. The event will include games, face painting, clowns and food. The event is held each year in memory of Mason and Christian, who along with their mother Lena, were murdered on Sept. 13, 2005.
CAR SHOW: The Fowler Historical Society will hold the annual antique car and tractor show noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at the center, state Routes 193 and 305. There will be a large Chinese auction, tours of the Butts Family Museum and other events.
FUNDRAISING EFFORT: Local residents will help raise funds for Wags for Warriors to get funds for a dog to be trained as a service canine for a local veteran. Members of the Niles First United Methodist Church will set up donation tables and displays at starting 10 a.m. Saturday at Perkins on state Route 46, Red Dragon Convenient Store in Niles, Walmart in Bazetta, and Handywman Hardware in McKinley Heights. Organizers said a 16-week old German Shepherd named “Bubba” is set to be trained. Items to be sold will include a prayer style bead with dog tag at $5, homemade baked goods and other fundraising. For information call the church at 330-652-1439.
UNITED WAY KICKS OFF CAMPAIGN: United Way of Trumbull County will kick off its 2018 campaign 8 a.m. today at the center concourse of the Eastwood Mall in Niles. A 2018 Chevy Cruze donated by Greenwood Chevrolet, as an incentive for donors, will be on display. The event will begin with breakfast followed by United Way at Work, which provides outdoor yard services for properties belonging to seniors, veterans and handicapped individuals throughout Trumbull County. The selected homeowners are verified as having property needs through a partnership with Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership, Scope Senior Services and area public officials.
Additional volunteer projects will take place at the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley, Trumbull Mobile Meals, Someplace Safe and the Veterans’ Path along the Mahoning River.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Warren Stamp Club — 7:30 p.m., Panera Bread Company’s community room, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren.
• Weight loss and stop smoking hypnosis session — 6 p.m., Yoga Room, behind Howland Administration Building, state Route 46, Howland. Steve, 330-647-0399.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.