Hall of Fame banquet Saturday
HALL OF FAME: The 33rd annual Trumbull County African-American Achievers Hall of Fame Banquet will be 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at DiVieste Banquet Hall, 754 North River Road NW, Warren. The annual event recognizes African-Americans who have made a positive impact on the local community in terms of leadership, community service or development, entrepreneurship, education, artistic talent, sports and more. Six adults will be inducted into the Hall of Fame and two student scholarships will be awarded. For tickets and information, call 330-507-1016 or 330-720-2215.
REMOVE DECORATIONS: The Diocese of Youngstown cemeteries, including Calvary and Resurrection cemeteries in Youngstown, and All Souls Cemetery in Cortland and Calvary Cemetery in Massillon, are requesting all artificial flowers and decorations be removed from graves, monuments and mausoleum crypts before March 1.
COOKBOOK CLUB TO MEET: The Cookbook Club will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at the Liberty Library Branch, 415 Churchill Hubbard Road. The theme of the program is “Comfort Foods Made Light” through cookbooks. Participants can select and make a recipe from a cookbook or magazine (no internet recipes). Those attending can bring a dish to share along with a copy of the recipe. Registration for the free event is required by calling 330-759-2589.
HUNGRY FOR THE ARTS: A Hungry for the Arts backpack program fundraiser will be 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Tiffany Banquet Center in Brookfield. Proceeds will help benefit the Brookfield Backpack Charitable Fund. The event will include music and art displays, basket raffle, project stations and photo booth. Linda Clark will select winners for the art show. All proceeds will benefit the backpack fund. For tickets, call 330-719-3964.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
∫ Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave NW, Warren. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m., township hall. 330-448-6828.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• McDonald Community Chest — 7 p.m. McDonald Community Room, post office building, 500 Ohio Ave., McDonald.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer’s Family Support Group –10 a.m., Easter Seal Day Center, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. 330-533-3300 or 800-441-3322.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• United Steelworkers of America Republic Steel, LTV and WCI retirees Local 1375 — 2 p.m., 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Niles Class of 1951 — 11:30 a.m., Scenna’s Family Restaurant.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.