Make your own Valentine’s cards
McKINLEY BIRTHPLACE HOME: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will hold ”Create Your Own Valentine’s Cards” 3 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St. People can create cards for the special person in their life and create a card for the library to send to the Louis Stokes Veterans Hospital in Cleveland. All materials will be supplied. To register, call 330-652-1704, Ext. 7212.
ANNUAL ASSEMBLY: The Mahoning Valley Association of Churches will hold the annual assembly 5:30 p.m. today at Blessed Sacrament Parish, 3020 Reeves Road, Warren. The group will discuss accomplishments of the past year and setting plans for the new year. There will be brief discussion on racial dialogue efforts and opioid crisis work. There also will be installation of new members.
POWER OF PUBLIC VOICE: The Raymond John Wean Foundation will host ”Speaking Out: The Power of Finding and Exercising Your Public Voice” 8:30 to 11:15 a.m. today at the foundation’s
Western Reserve Room, 147 W. Market St., Warren. Nonprofits have taken up the cry following a gunman in Las Vegas wounding and killing dozens of people in October. Topics included greater gun control laws and providing help for those with mental challenges. There has also been advocacy for the homeless, protection of the environment and standing up against racism. The workshop will outline strategies for effectively managing public relations challenges and seizing opportunities to enter public discussions. Moderator is Teleange’ Thomas, Foundation Center Midwest director. Panelists are Doug Oplinger, Your Voice Ohio, project manager and Akron Beacon Journal former managing editor; Cynthia Connolly, Policy Matters Ohio, resource development manager; attorney John Pogue, Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell Ltd.; and Ian Beniston, Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corp., executive director. For information call 330-394-5600, Ext. 103.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.