TNP will present a food program
TNP TO PRESENT PROGRAM: The Southeast Side Community Association will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at St. James White House, corner of Milton and Willard SE streets. Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership will present a food program to address the needs for produce and more nutritional foods in the area without a local grocery store.
BENEFIT TO HELP MAN: A benefit Chinese auction to help Earl (Roscoe) Weeks with medical bills after having a heart attack and bypass surgery will be held 1 p.m. Sunday at the old fire house community center hall, 1854 Greenville Road (Route 88), Bristolville. The event will include a 50-50 raffle, pie auction, bake sale and gun raffle. Winner need not be present. For information, call 330-647-1692.
MEET AND GREET: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will host an author meet and greet with Dr. Joe Vitale 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Vitale is the author of ”What I Would Do as U.S. President.” He has appeared on many television shows including ”Larry King,” and ”Extra TV.” For information, call 330-652-01704, Ext. 7212.
OPEN HOUSES: Shepherd of the Valley locations in Howland, Niles and Poland are inviting the public to stop by and learn more about retirement living from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Meet the staff and explore our independent and assisted living suites.
KNOW YOUR NUMBERS: Mercy Health Foundation and Warren City Health District are sponsoring a Know Your Numbers Program (find out your risk for heart disease and diabetes), from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday in the community room at the Warren City Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren.
The two-part program, free and open to the public, includes a 12-hour fast required for labwork. Refreshments will be provided by Sam’s Club of Warren.
To register, call 330-841-2596.
HACK IT PROGRAM: The OH WOW! The Roger & Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science & Technology in Youngstown, will hold a Hack It program for ages 9 and older noon Saturday. The event will allow participants to explore circuitry and robotics with the Inspire Works staff.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road. Warren. For information, call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. For information, call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. For information, call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone NarAnon Group, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Meets every Wednesday at 7 p.m. upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown. For information, call 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Mended Hearts Support Group — 7 p.m., Finnegan Auditorium, St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital. For information, call 330-793-2531.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet.