TMH RETIREES MEET: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held 11:30 a.m. Oct. 8 at the Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. Speaker will be Mike Wilson from SCOPE senior centers.
All TMH retirees and former employees are welcome to attend. For reservations or further information, contact Melissa Grabowski at 234-806-3062 or Linda Smith at 330-847-7826.
UFCW LOCAL 880: UFCW Local 880 retirees will meet for their monthly breakfast 10 a.m. Oct. 9 at Davidson’s Restaurant, and may bring a guest.
For more information, contact Karen at 330-502-2103.
PERI MEETING: Public Employee Retirees Inc., Trumbull County Chapter 56, will meet 11:15 a.m. Oct. 10 at DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. Attorney James Brutz will speak on estate planning. Updates on 2019 health care changes will also be presented.
Reservations are a must by Oct. 7 by calling Barb at 330-372-2603 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
YARN NEEDED: Area SCOPE Centers are in need of yarn and fabric for their needle arts programs. Yarn can be delivered to any SCOPE or call 330-399-8846 for pickup.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Warm roast beef sandwich au jus and cheese, sandwich bun, potato wedges, mixed vegetables, pineapple tidbits, cupcake;
MONDAY: Columbus Day, closed;
TUESDAY: Creamy chicken divan, wheat brad, white rice, carrots, tossed salad with Italian dressing, Mandarin oranges, pudding;
WEDNESDAY: Meatloaf marinara with mozzarella topping, white bread, whipped potatoes, Parmesan corn, pears, sherbet;
THURSDAY: Cold Greek chicken salad, dinner, rolls, peaches, mini muffin;
OCT. 12: Pineapple glazed ham, white bread, mashed sweet potatoes, Harvard beets, applesauce, gelatin.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals needs volunteers to help deliver meals. Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
SENIOR WATCH PROGRAM: Liberty residents 60 and older may sign up for the Liberty Township Senior Watch Program. Contact Marcy Orlando, police secretary, at 330-759-1315, or Joy, fire secretary, at 330-759-0363, Ext. 102.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at email@example.com, or at 330-675-7966.
FALL PREVENTION GUIDE: The Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of EMS joined with the Ohio Injury Prevention Partnership and released an updated Elderly Fall Prevention Resource Guide for EMS providers and the general public.
Download a copy of the guide at www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/EMS5934.pdf.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave., is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Art class, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays with artist Kathryn Infante.
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays.
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
• Monthly Birthday Celebration, 9:15 a.m. Monday.
• RSVP Retired and Volunteer Program Seminar, 9:30 a.m. Oct. 9. Leah Sakacs from the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) will speak about the volunteer opportunities that are available for seniors.
• Monthly Block Watch Meeting, 5 p.m. Oct. 10. Please feel free to bring a friend or neighbor.
• Ice Cream Social with Windsor House, 9:15 a.m. Oct. 16.
SENIOR CENTER: Ohio Living Home Health and Hospice Senior Center, 1110 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, offers chair yoga 1 p.m. Fridays. Call 330-744-5071.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday with an order two days prior. Call 330-889-2733.
• Available activities every day include Wii bowling, puzzles and cards.
• Massage therapist twice a month.
• Blood pressures, by Geauga UH, first Monday of the month.
• Ladies Day, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month. A group of Amish ladies gather to quilt and socialize and sell their wares. All ladies welcome.
• Chair yoga, 9 a.m. Wednesdays
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center at 330-924-0412 for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays.
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call the center for days and times.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
• Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month;
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.