ANGELS NEEDED: Guardian Angels of Trumbull County, a volunteer program of the Trumbull County Probate Court, is looking for volunteers. Angel volunteers receive training to become advocates who reach out as friends to seniors who may need a phone call, a visit in a nursing home or a visit at home. Angels are also involved in planning special events for seniors.
The next meeting is 5 p.m. Tuesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-675-2521 or go to www.trumbullprobate.org.
SCHOOL RETIREES MEET: Howland Schools Retirees and spouses or guests will meet 11 a.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant, Warren. Cost of the lunch is payable at the door, with a choice from four entrees. There will be a collection of nonperishable food, including dessert mixes and snacks, for the Emmanuel Center.
Scholarship forms will be available for those who want to donate to the scholarship the group sponsors through the Howland Community Scholarship Foundation.
Call Mary at 330-856-5226 for information or to share news if unable to attend.
PERI MEETING: Public Employee Retirees Inc., Trumbull County Chapter 56, will meet at 11:15 a.m. Feb. 14 at DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. The topic will be HB 413.
Reservations are a must by Feb. 11, by calling Barb at 330-372-2603, Janet at 330-469-6753 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals, a community-based service agency dedicated to providing a home-delivered meal service to Trumbull County residents who are homebound, needs volunteers to help deliver meals.
TMM uses 45 to 50 volunteers per day to prepare, package and deliver meals to more than 200 individuals on a daily basis. People can volunteer as infrequently as once per month.
Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at 10 locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday; 330-637-3010
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-545-5350
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday; 330-924-0412
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-824-2173
• Warren SCOPE, 220 W. Market St., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-399-8846
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Wednesday through Friday; 330-889-2733
The menu is:
TODAY: Chicken Alfredo over pasta, garlic breadstick, green beans, carrots, tropical fruit, ice cream
MONDAY: Country fried steak with creamy gravy, wheat bread, cheesy whipped potatoes, sweet peas, mixed fruit, pudding
TUESDAY: Creamy chicken picatta, garlic breadstick, buttered orzo, brussels sprouts, fresh broccoli salad, peaches, sherbet
WEDNESDAY: Roasted pork loin with gravy, biscuit with apple butter, rosemary seasoned redskins, green beans, pineapple delight, fresh baked cookie
THURSDAY: Honey orange chicken thigh, white bread, blended rice pilaf, oriental vegetable mix, tossed salad with Italian dressing, seasonal fruit, angel food cake
FEB. 9: Warm roast beef sandwich with cheese and au jus, sandwich roll, butter beans, carrots, pears, muffin
MCDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave., firstname.lastname@example.org. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. For information, call 330-288-0015.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave., www.multigen.org. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. Coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
Scheduled programs for January include:
• Movies in the Parlor are offered 9:30 a.m. every Thursday and include popcorn and hot chocolate.
• The center will offer its Fitness Stretch Plus classes five days per week — 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 1:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Healthy snacks will be provided.
• National Wear Red Day is today, Feb. 2. Wear red on this day to honor and support the awareness of heart disease.
• Craft Class, 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Sign-ups are required; call Jen at the center.
• Monthly birthday celebration: 9:15 a.m. Tuesday.
• Mardi Gras potluck breakfast: 9 a.m. Feb. 13 in the coffee bar. Dress festively and bring a favorite breakfast dish to share.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. Call 330-544-3676. Lunch is available Monday through Friday. For information, contact the center.
• The Center is offering a new KaleidoSCOPE Art Program from 1 to 3 p.m. every Friday. The instructor is Kathryn Infante.
• The center also offers bingo, card games, book discussion, and Monday night cards with an optional snack. Call center for days and times.
SENIOR WATCH PROGRAM: Liberty Township residents 60 and older are invited to sign up for the Liberty Township Senior Watch Program. For more information, contact Marcy Orlando, police secretary, at 330-759-1315 or Joy, fire secretary, at 330-759-0363, Ext. 102.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: Individuals may sign up for the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to put information on file about their own, their child’s or other dependents’ special needs. Police, fire and ambulance personnel will be made aware of special needs en route to emergency calls.
Forms are available at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at email@example.com, or at 330-675-7966.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers. The Trumbull County Transit system delivers rides on a first-come, first-served basis 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays.
Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip. Some of the centers are providing the service only one or two days per week. Also, those wanting to eat meals at the Cortland, Lordstown, Niles or Warren centers need to let the center know after calling for transportation.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
SENIOR CENTER: Ohio Living Home Health and Hospice Senior Center, 1110 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, offers chair yoga 1 p.m. Fridays. Call 330-744-5071.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, 330-924-0412. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. For more information, call 330-399-8846. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland, 330-637-3010, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is Mondays at 12:30 p.m.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call ahead for lunch, which is served 11:30 a.m. weekdays.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington. Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Hot lunches are served Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Reservations are needed two days in advance. Call 330-889-2733 for more information.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Call ahead to attend meals. Beverages are included with meals. Tuesdays through Friday will be home-cooked lunch.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Register for 11:30 a.m. lunch by 10:30 a.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, is open Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email email@example.com, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.
TAX-AIDE LOCATIONS: AARP Tax-Aide is a program of the AARP Foundation, which is offered in conjunction with the IRS. This program provides FREE TAX Preparation and filing for federal and state tax returns for low and moderate income families and senior citizens. Those who attend must bring a photo ID, Social Security card for each person in the household, a copy of last year’s tax returns, any other income information and Affordable Care Act Forms 1095.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 North Park Ave., Warren, 44481; 330-399-8846 — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Call for appointment.
• Hubbard Public Library, 436 W. Liberty St., Hubbard, 44425; 330-534-3512 — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call for appointment.
• Niles SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St., Niles, 44446; 330-544-3676 — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays, except March 30. Call for appointment.
• Howland Township Building, 205 Niles Cortland Road, Warren, 44484; 330-399-8846 — 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Call for appointment.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard, 44420; 330-545-6596 — 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call for appointment.
• Lordstown Scope Center, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 44481; 330-399-8846 — 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Call for appointment.
• Lake Vista Retirement Community, 303 N. Mecca St., Cortland, 44410 — 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays, Except. Feb. 21. Walk-ins welcome.
• Otterbein United Methodist Church, 1128 State Road West, Warren, 44481 — 9 a.m. to noon Mondays. Walk-ins welcome.