NATURAL THYROID BALANCE: Balancing Your Thyroid Naturally Seminar is being offered by Dr. Ted Suzelis, ND, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Ohio Naturopathic Wellness Center, 755 Boardman-Canfield Road, Suite D3, Boardman.
For more information or to reserve your seat, call 330-729-1350 or go to OhioND.com. Free, but RSVP required.
TRUMBULL COUNTY CARES: Trumbull County CARES, a monthly support group for children who have lost a parent to addiction or have a parent in active addiction, and those who are caring for them, will meet 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, at Homes For Kids / Child and Family Solutions training facility, 39 N. Main St., Niles.
Support groups will be divided into three separate groups to allow age-appropriate sharing — ages 8 to 12, 13 to 17 and 18 and older. Child care for children age 7 and under will be available but you must call to reserve.
For more information on locations, times and reservations, call 330-544-8005.
SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET: Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Support group will meet at 2 p.m. Monday at First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren. The group will have a mini Christmas party. Those attending can bring cookies, fruit, crackers, et cetera. Anything to pass around. All are welcome. For more information, call 330-872-7206.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare sessions are 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE. Attendees may visit at any point as each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged. Call 330-856-3463 for more information.
GRIEFSHARE: Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Youngstown, is offering GriefShare to all who have had a loss in their lives. The group will meet 6 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 14 at the church. Call 330-759-1924 to join or for more information.
HEALING HEARTS: A Healing Hearts group meets 6 p.m. Mondays at Grace Fellowship Church in the Eastwood Mall complex in Niles for anyone who has lost someone to an overdose.
Solace of the Valley is looking for volunteers to help spread awareness of addiction. This is nonprofit group that works with families dealing with a loss.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about the program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
SUPPORT GROUP: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, will meet 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave., Warren.
For more information, call 330-502-8103.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011.
DUAL-DIAGNOSIS CONNECTIONS: NAMI Mahoning Valley announces a new weekly Connections support group for adults dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues. Lead by a NAMI trained individual who is living in mental health and substance abuse recovery, the group meets 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 330-727-9268.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels 10 to 11 a.m.:
• Niles, 1500 McKinley Ave. — second Wednesday of the month.
• Howland, 4100 North River Road — fourth Wednesday of the month.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren, and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support groups for people and families dealing with mental illness:
• Girard Family Support — 11 a.m. first Thursday monthly, Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard.
• Austintown Family Support Group — 7 p.m. second Tuesday monthly, Alta Care building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
NAMI CONNECTION: Support group for those with mental health diagnosis meetings:
• 1:30 p.m. Thursdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays monthly, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
• 6 p.m., second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
• NAMI Connection for people with substance abuse and mental illness 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave, Youngstown.
For information, visit namimv.org, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail email@example.com.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board December meeting schedule is:
• Administrative Committee Meeting, 4 p.m. today, Board Conference Room
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. Wednesday, Valley Counseling Services 150 E. Market St., Warren.
• FCFC Council meeting, 8:30 a.m. Dec. 21, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
• Voices of Youth Committee, 1 p.m. Dec. 21, YWCA 375 North Park Ave., Warren.
• Christmas Eve observed. Office closes at noon Dec. 22.
• Christmas – office closed.
• New Year’s Eve observed Dec. 29. Office closes at noon.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The City of Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email Theresa Scirocco at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynda Briach at email@example.com.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members, 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Yoga with Tricia, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a mat.
• Spinning class, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Call 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Strong Bones Program, free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low bone density to improve muscle strength.
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday.
• Special program – Fundamentals of Weight Management with Dr. Steve Robbins, Bariatrician and Endocrinologist, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Come learn about Dietary strategies; the role of exercise; available medications and procedures; and the effect of weight loss on diabetes management. Refreshments. Call to register.
• Special holiday cooking presentation with Deana Laska, RD, 1 to 2 p.m. Friday. Join Laska as she demonstrates how to prepare some healthy holiday foods. Call to register. Fee involved.
• Free blood sugar screenings (8-hour fast), 8:30 to 11 a.m. Dec. 18.
• Talk with a Doc program, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Dec. 20. The discussion is on sarcopenia – loss of muscle as we get old. Doctor to be announced. Call to register. Lunch available.