Funding received for road projects
WARREN — The Trumbull County Engineer’s Office received $3.59 million in funding for road resurfacing and bridge projects.
Trumbull County Engineer Randy Smith said the award, administered through Eastgate Regional Council of Governments, under the Surface Transportation Block Grants Program, will be for projects constructed between 2024 and 2027.
Qualifying county roads include:
• Larchmont Avenue from the Warren city limits to Perkins Jones Road in Howland and Bazetta townships;
• King Graves Road from state Route 46 to state Route 11 in Howland and Vienna townships;
• Logangate Road in Liberty;
• Tibbets Wick Road from state Route 193 to Logan Way in Liberty;
• Austintown Warren Road from Salt Springs Road to Burnett East Road in Weathersfield and Warren townships;
Funding also was secured for the design of the following bridges:
• West Market Street bridge in Warren;
• Austintown Warren Road bridge over Meander Reservoir in Weathersfield;
• Housel Craft Road bridge in Farmington.
The Eastgate Regional Council of Governments announced Weathersfield has been approved for $1.6 million in Federal Surface Transportation block grant program funding for projects to be done in 2025 to 2027.
The four township highways are Ohltown Girard Road (Countyline Road) from Four Mile Run Road to state Route 46; Niles Carver Road from Salt Springs Road to the railroad tracks; West Webb Road from the Mahoning County line to Austintown Warren Road; and Salt Springs Road between Salt Springs and Austintown Warren Road.