On the record: McDonald
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Wednesday
PRESENT: Joseph Cappuzzello, Thomas Hannon, Jody Klase and John Saganich
ABSENT: Donna Shields
• Approved a retirement incentive plan with the McDonald Education Association, paying $20,000 for those employees who retire by June 30, 2022 — $10,000 in July 2022 and $10,000 in July 2023. Employees must submit their letters of retirement by Dec. 1 to the treasurer’s office;
• Approved an agreement with Hoffman’s Property Service Inc. at $360 per snow plowing service and $355 per salting service. There is an additional $100 charge if snow exceeds 5 inches;
• Approved a consulting agreement with Nutrition Inc. for a supervisor to provide training assistance and consulting services for the Roosevelt Elementary head cook at $1,500 per month and the daily rate for when the supervisor is in the district at $225 per day. The food service director will be available two days per week;
• Approved an agreement with Ohio Schools Council to advertise and receive bids for school buses for the district;
• Approved the trade of topsoil on property owned by the school and no longer needed. Officials said topsoil by the athletic complex was traded for a snow fence installed at the site;
• Hired Gregory Fusselman as a bus driver at $18.59 per hour for 3.25 hours per day;
• Approved an ACT Boot Camp for 8 to 11 a.m. Nov. 6, 13 and 20 with teachers paid $20.50 per hour;
• Hired Jamie VanMeter as head cook at Roosevelt Elementary for 200 days at $16.13 per hour.
• Hired Tyler Cintron as high school learning loss instructor at the high school at $20 per hour not to exceed 28.75 hours per week using federal COVID-19 relief funds;
• Approved an agreement to receive services from the Trumbull Educational Service Center at $581,331.