On the record: Southington
WHAT: Township trustees meeting Wednesday
PRESENT: Cindy Speaker, Dan Tietz and Marlene Russomanno
• Are seeking costs for engineering work from Hess Engineering for possibly putting in a new septic system at the fire department;
• Received a donation of 12 American flags from the Southington American Legion, which will be put up this spring;
• Set spring cleanup / scrap tire collection for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 8 at the township garage. Proof of residency will be required. There will be a limit of eight tires per resident with no rims and no truck tires;
• Paid township insurance at $15,913 to Ohio Township Association Risk Management Authority;
• Reminded residents to make sure their house numbers are visible, especially at night, for safety vehicles.