City fire victim treated
WARREN — The victim of a fire at 1169 Harrison St. NE was taken to St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital for treatment.
Trumbull County 911 was called by the resident at nearby 1175 Harrison St. NE after he noticed a fire on the first floor of the two-story wood frame house.
There was heavy smoke coming from the house when firefighters arrived. An unconscious man was found in a second-floor bedroom. He was transported to the hospital.
Firefighters believe the fire began on the first floor. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.
A Trumbull County 911 report states Donald E. Shugart is the owner of the home. Two rifles were recovered from the house, a report states.