Trumbull sees drop in numbers at nursing homes
Although Trumbull County still had the highest number of COVID-19 nursing home deaths in the Mahoning Valley this week at seven, that is a smaller number than it has been in the past month.
Trumbull County nursing home deaths were at 144 this week compared to 137 last week. The increase last week was 16, the week before that 21, and the week before that 13, according to the Ohio Department of Health.
Mahoning County’s number of nursing home deaths (206) rose by two this week. Columbiana County nursing home deaths rose by one to 67.
Meanwhile, the number of Trumbull County nursing homes and assisted-living facilities with at least three combined patient, and staff COVID-19 infections dropped from seven to two.
The number of Mahoning County facilities with at least three cases remained at 10, and no Columbiana County facilities currently have at least three cases after having one facility last week. Two facilities had one case of the virus each.
As a state, patient virus cases rose a little this week compared to last week. Patient cases were 3,085 this week, compared to 3,794 last week. The number of staff cases dropped quite a bit this week. There were 2,091 this week compared to 2,432 last week. The number of staff cases also dropped by about 300 the week before that.
The number of staff cases of the virus at the private Northeast Ohio Correctional Center in Youngstown rose from 32 to 45. Inmate cases dropped from 29 to 18.
The number of staff cases at the Ohio State Penitentiary in Youngstown dropped from 15 to 9. Inmate cases rose from eight to nine.
The number of staff cases of the virus at Trumbull Correctional Institution in Leavittsburg dropped from 13 to four, and inmate cases dropped from three to one.
By the numbers
Only facilities with three or more cases are listed. The “total” cases listed below are the total number the facility has had since April 15.
• Crandall Medical Center nursing home, Sebring — 19 patient cases, 6 staff cases; total of 130 patient cases, 67 staff cases.
• Dandridge Burgundy Manor nursing home, Youngstown — 10 patient cases, 4 staff cases; total of 11 patient cases, 11 staff cases.
• Humility House nursing home, Austintown — 1 patient case, 3 staff cases, total of 42 patient cases, 45 staff cases.
• Ivy Woods nursing home, North Lima — 2 patient cases, 2 staff cases; total of 9 patient cases, 2 staff cases.
• Oasis Center for Rehabilitation nursing home, Youngstown — 0 patient cases, 5 staff cases; total of 39 patient cases, 20 staff cases.
• Park Vista nursing home, Youngstown — 13 patient cases, 0 staff cases; total of 34 patient cases, 17 staff cases.
•The Assumption Village nursing home, North Lima — 1 patient case, 2 staff cases; total of 28 patient cases, 51 staff cases.
• Victoria House assisted living, Austintown — 1 patient case, 2 staff cases; total of 17 patient cases, 9 staff cases.
• Windsor House Omni Manor nursing home, Youngstown — 10 patient cases, 9 staff cases; total of 112 patient cases, 56 staff cases.
• Woodlands Center for Rehab nursing home, Poland — 3 patient cases, 0 staff cases, total of 3 patient cases, 0 staff cases.
• O’Brien Nursing Home, Masury — 2 patient cases, 2 staff cases; total of 144 patient cases, 17 staff cases.
• Washington Square Healthcare nursing home, Warren — 4 patient cases, 0 staff cases; total of 42 patient cases, 28 staff cases.
SOURCE: Ohio Department of Health