On the record: Champion
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Nov. 16
PRESENT: John Pitts, David Mahan, Kelly Boyle, Patricia Fisher and James Scher
• Took the first step to place renewal of a five-year permanent improvement levy on the May 4 primary ballot. Treasurer Laurena Rouan said the levy will generate $106,281 for needed repairs at the high school building for boilers, air conditioning, walls and windows. The board will give the official second reading for placement on the ballot at the Dec. 16 meeting. Roofing work was done this year at the high school;
• Passed a resolution requesting the Ohio General Assembly put in place a fair funding plan for public schools;
• Recognized senior Kaylee Gania for setting two new school records in volleyball. In 2019, she set the season record for most digs with 401, and in the 2020 season she set the new school record for most career digs with 943;
• Accepted the resignation of Timothy McGlynn as head varsity football coach and football physical fitness coordinator;
• Accepted the resignation of Lindsay Wilforth as girls varsity bowling coach. She was also the middle school cross country coach, but the team did not have a season this year.