×

Smoke damages apartment unit

WEATHERSFIELD — McKinley Heights firefighters responded Tuesday morning to smoke that appeared in an apartment complex off Tibbetts Wick Road.

Weathersfield fire Chief Tom Lambert said the one resident in the apartment next door could not evacuate because of medical issues, but she was not injured. Lambert said the smoke caused by a furnace malfunction was contained to the one apartment next door to the woman.

Firefighters responded to the 2800 block of Tibbetts Wick Road shortly after 10 a.m., according to a Trumbull County 911 report.

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
     

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today