On the record – McDonald
WHAT: Council meeting May 20
PRESENT: Brian Fisher, Sean Schmidt, Cliff DeZee, Ray Lewis, Rich Harvey, Kyle Joynes and Mayor Glenn Puckett
• Heard from Administrator Tom Domitrovich he applied for a $34,515 grant for senior services and programs for the senior center at the community building;
• Heard from Domitrovich he has attended meetings with McDonald Local Schools officials regarding the construction of a new athletic complex on Second Street;
• Heard from Fisher the police department will have its computer software upgraded to be able to communicate with other state agencies in Ohio;
• Agreed to place a 1.5-mill, four-year renewal levy for operating expenses on the November ballot. Officials said the levy, first approved by voters in 1977, generates $25,000 annually;
• Heard from Fisher the delivery of a new police cruiser will be delayed due to the COVID-19 outbreak;
• Approved the summer recess schedule. Council will meet once per month, at 6 p.m. June 17, July 15 and Aug. 12 via Zoom. Committee meetings will be 6 p.m. June 16, July 14 and Aug. 11;
• Heard from Fisher the fire chief was able to secure a $10,000 grant from the state fire marshal for new protective suits for firefighters. Other funds received were $28,000 for a heart monitor for an ambulance and a $586 stimulus check.
• Announced the 2019 financial report for the village for the period ending Dec. 31, 2019, has been completed and is available for public inspection at the village office.
— Bob Coupland