On the record – Warren Township
WHAT: Township trustee meeting Tuesday
PRESENT: Ed Anthony, Kay Anderson and Ryan Yoho
• Hired Thomas Stevey as part-time groundskeeper for the Johnson Community Center effective April 1 at $925 per month through Nov. 15.
• Hired Robert Danko as a part-time cemetery caretaker and groundskeeper at $11 per hour effective April 6. The position is seasonal and ends in November;
• Appointed Erich Luketic as a reserve firefighter, hired Brian Schotsch as an on-call firefighter and hired Stephen Hall as a paramedic at $11.50 per hour;
• Declared properties at 3921 Rio Vista and 3931 Rio Vista structurally unsafe and defective and to have them removed. Both properties were inspected on their conditions;
• Reported that West Market Street from state Route 5 to Lovers Lane is scheduled to be paved and repaired this year;
• Approved having the Trumbull County Engineer’s Office advertise for bids for paving and widening Sixth Street, which is an Ohio Public Works Commission project;
• Announced seasonal arrangements at at Pine Knoll Cemetery are to be removed by April 15;
• Announced spring cleanup for senior citizen pickup is set May 11 to 13. Residents are asked to call the road department at 330-898-6188 by May 4. Regular drop-off is noon to 8 p.m. May 14 and 15 at the road department;
• Announced the annual tire dropoff is set 4 to 8 p.m. May 15 at the road department;
• Approved support for the continuation of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, the Minor League Baseball team that is ticketed for contraction after the 2020 season;
• Accepted the donation of all fire equipment previously purchased by the Warren Township Volunteer Fire Association, which has since ended;
• Approved removing 2005 GMC Envoy from police department inventory after trade on a new vehicle on sale via GovDeals and to list two brush trucks on GovDeals with starting reserve bids at $12,000 per truck.