On the record | Brookfield Board of Education
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Wednesday
PRESENT: Ronda Bonekovic, George Economides, Sarah Kurpe, Jerry Necastro, Melissa Sydlowski and Superintendent Toby Gibson
• Approved a one-year limited bus driver contract for Ashley Miller and Scott Foster at $15.77 per hour;
• Accepted the resignation of Brenda Hall, bus driver.
• Hired Brenda Hall and Shannon Lytle as substitute bus drivers for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year at $14 per hour;
• Approved FMLA leave for Courtney Smoot to be determined based on the delivery of her baby;
• Approved Brad Harnett, social studies teacher, to take the eighth-grade class to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton on Feb. 28. The class will learn about various African-American athletes as a Black History Month project;
• Hired Robert Trudo, head baseball coach, at $3,030; John Shingledecker, assistant baseball coach, at $1,595; David DeJoy, head softball coach, at $2,711; Patty Hammond, assistant softball coach, at $2,073; John Vansuch, Mike Rotunno and Ken Forsythe, volunteer softball coaches; Adam Hughes, head boys track coach, at $3,030; Kevin Boyd and Chris Fahndrich, assistant boys track coaches, at $2,073 each; Bob Rodgers, head girls track coach, at $3,030; and Keith Joseph, assistant girls track coach, at $2,073.