On the record: Mathews
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Jan. 15
PRESENT: Michele Garman, Jim Pegg, Beth Haddle, Tom Gifford, Tarin Brown and superintendent Russell McQuaide
• Recognized former board member, Carolyn Furrie of Vienna, who died Jan. 13;
• Hired Megan Garcia, long-term substitute, on a one-year limited contract starting Jan. 13 at $179.43 per day;
• Rescinded the Jan. 8 motion hiring Keith Miller as a bus driver because he decided to not take the position;
• Hired Brenda Hall as a bus driver, four hours per day, at $17.54 per hour, starting Feb. 10;
• Reassigned the bus route for Elizabeth Fark, increasing her contracted hours to five hours per day at $16.17 per hour.