On the record – Southington
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Thursday
PRESENT: Betsy Dunn, Al Haberstroh, Steve Gilanyi, Terry Kelly and Rich Selep
• Approved Stacy Williams of the Trumbull County Educational Service Center as a substitute payroll specialist at $16 per hour, up to 20 hours per week as needed. Treasurer Janet Ward said Williams will assist because of an extended leave for an office employee;
• Reduced assistant buildings / grounds worker Paul Sweeney’s contract by 120 hours for the 2019-20 school year. Sweeney will be working four hours per day.
• Established a fund for a middle / high school food pantry;
• Approved the Beta Club to attend a convention in Columbus Feb 12-14 and senior class trip to Williamsburg. Va., May 11-14;
• Approved use of the school for a Team Faith craft show Dec. 7.