On the record – Champion
WHAT: Township trustee meeting Monday
PRESENT: Rex Fee, Brian Bugos and Don Emerine
• Approved seeking proposals from engineering firms for preparing a park / recreation land use plan for the township. Fee said the plan when finalized will serve as a guide on best land utilization for recreation for all age groups. He said the plan would be used for strategic development techniques.
• Heard from a resident in possibly honoring Chris Columbus, a filmmaker, who lived in Champion and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School. Discussed was naming a street or something in the township noting his accomplishments;
• Approved paying retired engineer Chris Connelly 425 hours of sick leave pay. Connelly retired Sept. 30;
• Had a demonstration for the public of the new voting machines to be used in the general election;
• Received a $5,000 Department of Commerce Division of Real Estate / Professional Licensing Cemetery Grant to be used for a new roof for the cemetery chapel;
• Received a $38,426 Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation grant for smoke-free workplace compliance;
• Announced program on “Healthy Living for Your Brain” Oct. 22 at Champion Christian Church, co-sponsored by Champion Community Networking Council and the Alzheimer’s Association;
• Accepted a $1.368 million Federal Emergency Management Agency grant for MARCS radios;
• Set trick or treat for 6 to 7;30 p.m. Oct. 31.