Help make a difference
Numerous ways to assist in community-wide effort
WARREN — Saturday is the 17th annual Trumbull County Make A Difference Day and there are numerous ways to help the community even if you don’t have a project.
Various clothing, food or personal hygiene product drives are being undertaken by organizations and individuals across the county, including:
• St. Mary Catholic Church is collecting snack items for Someplace Safe through Friday. Items can be dropped off at the church on High Street between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Blankets of Love at the Domestic Sewing Center, 2011 Youngstown Road SE, is collecting blankets and quilts for seriously ill children in local hospitals. Items can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday.
• Fifth Wheel’s blankets collection for the Warren Family Mission will be 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at Sunrise Restaurant on East Market Street at Elm Road in Warren.
• Coats, hats, gloves, blankets, pillows, toiletries and nonperishable food are being collected by Michelle Miller for the St. Vincent de Paul Society noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at 1090 Meadowbrook Ave. SE.
• Fowler United Methodist Church is collecting soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, deodorant, mouthwash, lotion and other personal care items through Saturday at the church, 3426 Youngstown Kingsville Road. Items will be donated to those in need in the Fowler and Vienna area.
• Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren, is collecting laundry soap and dish detergent for Someplace Safe, and personal care items, towels and washclothes for the Salvation Army’s free shower program for the homeless through Saturday.
• Champion Pride Council is collecting winter clothing for children and teens in the Champion school district through Friday at 5976 Mahoning Ave. NW.
• Seven Seventeen Credit Union will collect food and cash for the Warren Family Mission at its Larchmont Avenue branch 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
• Cortland Rotary Club is collecting clothing for Warren Family Mission and food for Cortland Area Cares food pantry 9 a.m. to noon at the Lakeview High School bus garage, 3018 state Route 5.
• Neighborhood Pride will collect canned food and clothing for the LaBrae school pantry through Saturday at the Warren Township Fire Department, 4750 W. Market St.
• Northwest Neighborhood Association will collect nonperishable food items for the pantry at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
Trumbull County Make A Difference Day, which is sponsored by the Tribune Chronicle, is a day when residents give of themselves to make their community better. Over the years, thousands of volunteers have descended on all parts of Trumbull County with shovels, hammers, trash bags, paint brushes and more to work on projects ranging from home improvements and local cleanups to clothing and food drives.
Volunteers are invited to a free picnic at the Warren Community Amphitheatre 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. The annual group photo will be taken around noon.