On the record — LaBrae
WHAT: Board of Education meeting Monday
PRESENT: Russell Sewell, Virginia Blaney, Diane Duncan, Tim Gibson and Gary Morton
• Accepted a $1,000 Fuel Up to Play 60 nutrition grant from the American Dairy Association Mideast. Sewell said funds will be used for milk and other food items for cafeteria;
• Entered into an agreement with Homes for Kids for social work services to work with school guidance counselors to assist students and families;
• Discussed security issues and drills and the procedure staff takes for emergency situations. Sewell said an app system will be used to warn staff ahead of time;
• Approved a supplemental contract with Principal Milajean Harkabus as Title I coordinator;
• Approved Landers-Lewis Insurance Agency as provider for insurance coverage for the district at $56,037 through September 2020.