Free legal aid services offered
Community Legal Aid is offering free workshops in June to anyone who may need legal assistance or who has an interest in these legal topics. All programs are taught by attorneys and are free and open to the public.
All of the organization’s events can be found at www.communitylegalaid.org/events.
Upcoming local events and workshops:
• Legal Workshop: Learning is for Everyone, become the best advocate for your child’s education. Topics include special education, school resources, bullying and more. Children are welcome and refreshments will be served. 5:30 p.m. today at Goodyear Branch Library, 60 Goodyear Blvd., Akron. Advance registration is required;
• Legal Clinic for Veterans, 9 a.m. Monday at the Canton VA Outpatient Clinic, 733 Market Ave. South, Canton;
• Custody Clinic: Learn how to represent yourself, 9 a.m. June 19 at Legal Aid’s Mahoning County office, First National Plaza, 11 Federal St., 7th Floor, Youngstown. Advance registration is required;
• Legal Clinic for Veterans, 9 a.m. June 19 at the Youngstown VA Outpatient Clinic, 2031 Belmont Ave., Youngstown;
• Legal Advice Clinic, featuring a presentation on criminal record sealing: expungements and CQEs, 10 a.m. June 19 at Community Action in Wooster, 905 Pittsburgh Avenue, Wooster;
• Legal Presentation, The Fair Housing Act and Zoning: Landlords’ and Tenants’ Rights and Responsibilities, 11:30 a.m. June 19 at 11:30 a.m. at Brookfield Township Administration Building, 6844 Strimbu Drive.