On the record — Cortland
WHAT: City council meeting Tuesday
PRESENT: Deidre Petrosky, Kevin Piros, James Edwards, Kathy Fleischer, Patti Kellar, Don Moore, Scott Rowley and Mayor James Woofter
• Accepted the annexation of 1.4768 acres of land off Warren-Meadville Road from Bazetta into the city limits with the city to provide services to the property;
• Heard from Bill Spring of the Army Corps of Engineers that Mosquito Lake is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. Events include Safety Day June 15, which includes the burial of a time capsule.
• Were informed the police department received a $5,000 grant for tasers;
• Announced the civil service commission is taking applications for entry-level police officer and firefighter positions, with the exams set for March 18;
• Set spring cleanup for May 2 and 3.