On the record
WHAT: Village council meeting Wednesday
PRESENT: Brian Fisher, Ray Lewis, Richard Harvey, Scott Seitz, Michael O’Brien, Walt Bradley and Mayor Glen Puckett
• Promoted Logan Sturgeon from part-time to full-time police officer;
• Accepted resignation of police officer Jeffrey Walt who is leaving for a job with the Niles police;
• Reported the Parkside Place road project was completed;
• Reported that because the McDonald Lions Club disbanded this year, the fall festival will not be not held, but local Girl Scouts will instead hold a pumpkin walk 3 to 9 p.m. Oct. 27. The Scouts have also taken over the annual Easter egg hunt that the Lions used to host;
• Announced officials are working on plans for the 100th anniversary celebration of the village on Oct. 6.