Baby boy overdosed, flown to Akron hospital
WARREN — Detectives are investigating how a 9-month-old overdosed sometime after 8:30 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 2300 block of Stephens Avenue NW.
Detective Nick Carney responded to the main Akron Children’s Hospital about 10:30 a.m. Saturday to conduct interviews with the family of the 9-month-old boy who was unresponsive and taken by air to the hospital.
A police report states the baby was treated for a possible overdose, but no updated condition was given or what kind of drug the boy had taken.
No charges had been filed as of Tuesday morning.