Warren fire victim treated for injuries

WARREN — The victim of a fire at 1169 Harrison St. NE was taken to St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital for treatment.

Trumbull County 911 was called by the resident at nearby 1175 Harrison St. NE after he noticed a fire on the first floor of the two-story wood frame house.

There was heavy smoke coming from the house when firefighters arrived. An unconscious man was found in a second floor bedroom. He was transported to the hospital.

Firefighters believe the fire began on the first floor. There were no working smoke detectors in the structure.

A Trumbull County 911 report states Donald E. Shugart, lives at 1169 Harrison St. NE.

Two rifles were recovered from the house.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today