Southington providing PPE
The seeing eye
EQUIPMENT HANDOUT: Southington Township trustees and the fiscal officer will be handing out personal protective equipment 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the township hall for Southington residents only. Items will be distributed until they run out.
JCC REUNION SET: Camp JCC will host an open house and reunion 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Jewish Community Center Winter Campus, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown. The event is an opportunity to learn more about Camp JCC and meet up with old friends. All families who attend will receive a $20 credit toward Camp JCC for each camper who attends and will be entered into a raffle to win $150 off camp fees. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Skates will be provided free, but registration is required for skating. Visit jcc youngstown.org/wintercam pus to register for skating.
Camp JCC is for youth in grades 1 through 8. It will be Monday through Friday from June 7 through Aug. 13. Specialty camps will be available for a variety of interests. A leader in training program is available for teens entering grades 9 and 10. Visit jccyoungstown.org/camp for more information.
ROSARY MASS: Blessed Sacrament Parish and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Warren will be hosting a Rosary and Holy Mass for the Legal Restoration of the Right to Life from 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday at SS. Cyril and Methodius Church in Warren. Rosary will be from 10:30 to 11 a.m. and Mass will follow.
HEALTH EDUCATION PROGRAM: Mercy Health Community Health Education will continue to host Zoom meetings until in-person meetings resume. The next meeting is “The Inner You: Your Gastric Microbiome,” presented by Dr. Kathleen S. Padgitt 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Padgitt is a partner at The Kidney Group, Inc. and the physician / president at The Center For Lifestyle Change.
For more information and to register, contact Community Health Education at 330-480-3070 or email email@example.com. The Zoom link will be sent upon registration.
SOCIETY UPDATES SITE: The Vienna Historical Society’s Viennapedia has moved to a new website and has a modern look. Visit www.viennahistory.org to see it. Most of the society’s work at straightening cemetery markers at Dunlap Cemetery is completed. Some markers will be straightened in the spring.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• NAR-ANON– 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Sue, 330-240-4793.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. .
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Warren Stamp Club — 7:30 p.m., Panera Bread Company’s community room, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren.
• Weight loss and stop smoking hypnosis session — 6 p.m., Yoga Room, behind Howland administration building, state Route 46, Howland. Steve, 330-647-0399.