Disabilities board earns accreditation
The seeing eye
TCBDD SERVICES: CARF International announced that the Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities received accreditation for the next three years for its Community Employment Services and Employment Planning Services programs.
The latest accreditation is the board’s sixth consecutive three-year accreditation. CARF accreditation is required for the board to provide services through the State of Ohio’s Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation, also known as Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities. This program assists eligible individuals with developmental disabilities to obtain and maintain competitive employment in Trumbull County.
The Board of Developmental Disabilities has served residents of Trumbull County for more than 50 years and provides services such as employment, education and training to approximately 1,100 individuals. For more information, visit www.tcbdd.com.
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. It establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of its programs and services.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network at 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Mended Hearts Support Group — 7 p.m., Finnegan Auditorium, St. Elizabeth Health Center. 330-793-2531.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Trumbull Co. Agriculture and Family Education Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Evening Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Metaphysics, psychic phenomenon and paranormal discussion — 6 p.m. the last Wednesday of each month, Yoga Center, 972 Youngstown Kingsville Road, Vienna.