LOCAL CLUB GETS PRESIDENT: The Warren Rotary has tapped local businessman Dominic Mararri to lead the local club as president for the fiscal year through June 30, 2021.
Also elected president-elect is Christine Cope, who will work alongside Mararri to ensure effective internal operating policies and implement strategies and programs.
Rotary states that its mission is to bring together a global network of volunteer leaders dedicated to tackling the world’s most pressing humanitarian challenges. Their work improves lives at both local and international levels, from helping families in need in their own communities to working toward a polio-free world.
Effective Wednesday, the Warren Rotary will resume their on-sight Wednesday meetings at noon at Cafe 422. Visit www.warrrenrotary.org about becoming a member or call Cope at 330-207-2065.
IRISHMAN AT WHITE HOUSE: The McKinley Memorial Library will present “An Irishman in the White House: Bite Size History” presentation 10 a.m. Wednesday. Visit the library’s Facebook page or YouTube channel to watch a short video presentation on William McKinley’s Irish ancestry and the discrimination that took place by many against Irish immigrants. A discussion will follow.
LIBRARY FRIENDS: The Friends of the Hubbard Public Library will be at the Hubbard Farmers Market every Sunday through October from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Tylee Park with the library’s bookmobile.
LIBERTY SURVEY: The Liberty Schools Levy Committee is asking residents of Liberty to complete a survey regarding the Liberty Local School District’s 2.5-mill additional permanent improvement levy that will appear on the November ballot.
Visit www.libertyleopardalumni.org or go to the group “Liberty Leopard Schools” on Facebook to complete a brief anonymous survey. Surveys are due by Aug. 14.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St.,
• Girard Liberty Rotary Club — 6 p.m. at Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Andy at 330-716-4523.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., meeting 9:15 a.m., SCOPE Senior Services at the YWCA, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Lighthouse Recovery and Support Group — 6 p.m. at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-4295.