Food assistance Saturday, Tuesday
FOOD PANTRY: Second Harvest Food Bank will have its mobile food pantry 9 a.m. Saturday at the old Liberty High School, Churchill Hubbard Road. The food pantry also will be 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Mecca Community Church, Cortland. Those needing food items are asked to remain in their cars as items will be placed in trunks or backs of vehicles.
CARE MEETING: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board will hold a Trauma Informed System of Care meeting 3 p.m. Monday. Join from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/764891661.
You can also dial in using your phone at 571-317-3112 with access code 764-891-661.
BLOOD DRIVE: Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 4500 Norquest Blvd., Austintown, will hold a blood drive noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday. To schedule an appointment call 800-RED-CROSS or log on to RedCrossBlood.org and enter sponsor keyword IHMJEFF. To receive help in scheduling an appointment call Mary at 330-720-6814. People must have an appointment to donate. No walk-ins.
People can donate blood in honor of Jeff Fusco who in March was diagnosed with COVID-19. He spent two months in the hospital fighting for his life. During his treatment he received more than 50 units of blood and plasma. He and his family encourage people to give blood to his honor and help others in need.
PARKING LOT BINGO: The Girard FIRST Robotics Team will hold a second parking lot bingo at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Brusters Ice Cream parking lot on State Street, Girard. Tickets are $20 and includes card, dauber and flag for signaling “bingo.” Tickets can be purchased at the Girard Schools Robotics website. Brusters Ice Cream will be open during the event. People who take part can stay in their vehicle or sit in a chair by their vehicle. There also will be a 50-50 raffle.
GET MOTIVATED: Kneadit Consulting will present “Get Educated, Motivated and Empowered” 11 a.m. Saturday at the Focus Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. Discussion will be on self defense, CCW classes and voter registration.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Sue, 330-240-4793.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Produce Give-Away — 9:30 a.m., through September, The Warren Family Mission, 1312 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.