Cross country, concession event discussed
FAIR BOARD TO MEET ON FOOD FRENZY: The Trumbull County Fair Board will hold a special meeting 6 p.m. Thursday concerning cross country meets and a “fair food frenzy.”
The meeting will be held outside in the pavilion, with those attending asked to bring a chair.
PURSE EXTRAVAGANZA: The Down Syndrome Association of the Valley is hosting a Designer Purse Extravaganza, with winners to be announced 8 p.m. Aug. 13 via Facebook and its website. The 35 designer purses total nearly $8,000 retail.
Tickets are $35, giving each holder one chance to win one of the 35 designer purses. Tickets are available online through Friday at dsav.org.
Since 2007, DSAV has provided eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania with programming and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the professionals who serve them.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Prostate Cancer group — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Radiation Oncology Center at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 1353 E. Market St. (rear of building).
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.